Memberships, Charitable Donations & Newsletters
- The Museum is operated by the Cranbrook Archives, Museum and Landmark Foundation, a registered Canadian Charity, and offers memberships and several donation categories.
- Since the Museum is less than 50% funded for operations by all levels of government, it must create substantial revenue each year through tour ticket sales, gift shop sales, special events (such as the Gala Dinners), rentals of the Royal Alexandra Hall, and memberships. The City contributes about 30% and the Province about 15% each year to operations, and there is no Federal assistance for operations.
- Memberships are therefore essential to assist the museums annual operating cots. Newsletters go to all members.
annual fees that support annual Museum operations and noted on annual Wall of Museum Members, and includes newsletters and voting privileges.
- $ 8 Student/year (school age or with a valid student card)
- $ 15 Senior/year (65+)
- $ 20 Adult/year
- $ 35 Family/year (immediate family - mother, father, dependent children
- $ 25 Organization/year
- $ 30 Business/year
- $ 100 Operations Sponsor/year
- $ 500 Operations Benefactor/year
- $ 1,000 Operations Patron/year
Federal tax laws prohibit us from giving tax deductible receipts for memberships or
donations which include certain financial privileges such as discounts, etc.
- $ 50 Organization/year
- $ 75 Business/year
- $ 100-499 Sponsor/year
- $ 500-999 Benefactor/year
- $ 1,000+ Patron/year